How can I volunteer at BHA-Houston?
Brighter Horizon Academy-Houston is a nonprofit organization that is a major user of volunteer hours. We believe in community partnerships and building relationships with our stakeholders. Safety is our number one concern and all of our volunteers are screened and we conduct background checks. The ultimate goal is to verify identity.
Background Checks for Volunteers are required to stay compliant with the BHA-H policy. We appreciate your cooperation and looking forward to working with you.
Please fill out the Authorization form
and submit a copy of your Driver's License to the front office.
What is the tuition for 2019-2020?
While cost of education at this location is $10,000 per child based on resources and teachers, our average tuition will be $6990 per child for the academic year for Pre-K to 8 grade. Monthly payment plans for as low as $550/month/child are available on a 10 month cycle with down payment options. Daycare and after school care rates are different. Additional charges may apply.
Do you offer financial assistance?
YES! All financial aid applications are processed through our parent organization, Spring Educational Foundation (SEF). Although the Academy has a set tuition, SEF works to provide funds for families in need. You may contact them for more information regarding eligibility requirements. The admissions process will have to be completed and your child accepted, however, before any financial aid is offered. Financial aid does not usually cover the cost of enrollment or other school fees; only tuition.
Are you affiliated with ISGH/IEIT/HPA?
BHA Houston and SEF is committed to a collaborative relationship with local schools and organizations in Houston. We will continue to work to improve services for the greater Houston community.
Do you have a Hifz (Qur’an Memorization) Program?
Yes! Inshallah! Full time and after school. Our approach to the Qur’an is to have the students connect to the book as a book of wisdom and message from God and therefore we believe it’s important for them to understand the meaning of the Qur’an and not just memorizing it.
We also believe that children need to memorize the Qur’an for prayer purposes and to be close to the Book of God. So, we offer memorization, reading, and recitation opportunities in the curriculum.
For families who wish to provide more training in this area, we offer an after-school program.
What grade levels do you offer?
Montessori to 9th grade.
Do you offer school transportation?
BHA Houston will work with a transportation service to provide convenient pickup and drop off in the surrounding areas. Currently we are considering offering many morning and afternoon routes from The Woodlands, Champions, Cypress, Adel road and Tomball region. The transportation company will update routes at the beginning of each school year, depending on family enrollment and their needs. For more information, you may email info@BHAhouston.org
About Brighter Horizons Academy (BHA) in Dallas TX
• Founded in 1989
• Located in Garland, TX (suburb of Dallas)
• Full-time accredited Pre-K to 12th grade college preparatory school
• Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) in 2006
• Offers dual-credit program to high schoolers with nearby Richland College
• Has a comprehensive full-time and after school Hifzh program • Implements the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum from KG to 12th
• Highly educated staff and faculty
• Recent graduates admitted to Princeton, SMU, Georgia Tech, Loyola University, UT Austin, Texas A&M, Rice University, Texas Women’s University, Texas Tech University, UT Arlington, UTD, Baylor University, Johnson and Wales, and Syracuse University
• BHA and SEF/BHA-Houston Collaboration
• BHA Dallas is our administrative operator and curriculum guide implementation coordinators.
• Facilitator in developing curriculum, accreditation and capacity for current and future growth
What Job Openings are Currently Available at BHA Houston?
BHA Houston is currently accepting resumes for the positions below:
• Currently all positions are filled.
Staff receives health benefits, yearly bonus, teacher training & assistance, facility lounge, separate bathrooms, private prayer area and much more. Please send a completed resume to HR@BHAHouston.org.